
Well, after a day of such snow, how could I not go boarding?
The low cloud and snow ment the night was yellow with reflected sodium lights, so I left the house at 8.30pm and walked up Werneth Low, the hill behind the house to scout for some steep fields.
I did a few runs on a hill overlooking Manchester and then headed up to the top of the hill to board down the road.
The photo is me standing below the sign at the top to the hill before my first run. 13% it says, not the steepest, but usefully twisty with a couple of steeper sections. It had been driven on a bit, but with only a couple of spots to avoid.
In the end I hiked up the hill 3 times to tune my descent getting the feel of it so I could really nail it into the corners. The flat light made it tricky to read the ruts and gullies at the side of the road, but it was brilliant.
Through a window in a house at the bottom of the hill I could see a guy watching TV who didn't move during my 3 runs. Remote hand out towards the TV as if always on the cusp of changing channel.
Anyway, back home at 11pm and straight to bed. It was really good, though I am a tad tired today.