Sunday, 22 March 2009

Challenge China - Part 1

I am just off a 17-hour flight to Guangzhou in China to visit some of our clothing and equipment factories. It has been a bit of an epic but I probably deserved the multi-stopped flight out considering I didn’t get round to booking it until Tuesday. I ended up next to a lamp salesman going out to check his 6000 outdoor lamp order for a new hotel complex in the Middle East…that’s a lot of light.

It’s 29°C here and 78% humidity, which is high for 10pm, so it will be shorts and t-shirt in the factory tomorrow. I am out to look at our SS2010 final prototypes with one of our garment techs. It is usually quite a stressful process as you are surrounded by team China, all interested in what you want to change just as you are trying to figure it out yourself.